We believe event success is measured by the quality of service, the flavor of food, and the well-being and safety of our guests, team, and community.
at our facilities
- Daily contact-less thermal temperature readings for all staff entering our facilities.
- Staff are masked and gloved with work stations responsibly distanced in our state-of-the-art 50,000 sq. ft. facility.
- Vigilant awareness and training in proper hand washing, sneeze and cough hygiene.
- Vendors and non-essential visitors are not allowed inside our facilities.
- Hourly disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and delivery vehicles.
- Reoccurring training on food safety and handling, including ServSafe food handler training.
Using a transparent supply chain system, we source from a network of vendors and distributors whose product is completely traceable. Each vendor we work with, from tabletop and paperware to farms and purveyors, must uphold the same safety standards as we do.
- Temperature readings and wellness checks taken prior to signing in.
- Masks, gloves, and face shields used with work stations responsibly distanced.
- Employ food safety and rigorous hygiene practices.
- Frequently touched surfaces disinfected hourly, hand washing stations available.
- Adequate personnel and time allowed for set up and break down at a safe distance.
- Low-contact bars and chef stations with plexiglass shields and covered food and beverage receptacles.
- Eliminate re-using bar glassware and self-service stations for guests.
- Individually covered, tray-passed beverages.
- Food portioned individually on small plates, skewers, spoons, etc.
- Increased service points to reduce crowding and encourage distancing.
- Individual small plates or grab-and-go options.
- Distanced seating and floor plans.
- Pre-rolled flatware and napkins.
- Individually covered glassware.
- No preset food or pre-filled glasses.
- Self-contained courses, use plate covers as conditions dictate.
- Eliminate communal service formats.